CARTA 2 Reading Incorrect Atomizer [Stuck in Dry Herb mode] Troubleshooting
The CARTA 2 device features two modes, concentrate and dry herb, which are automatically detected based on the attached atomizer. However, there are instances when the device may incorrectly read the atomizer due to dirty connections, improper insertion, or a pushed-down connection base pin. This troubleshooting guide will provide steps to resolve this issue.
1. Update Firmware:
- Connect the CARTA 2 device to the CARTA App.
- Check for available firmware updates and proceed with the update process.
- Updating the firmware can help resolve any software-related issues that may affect the atomizer detection.
2. Check Connections and Clean:
- Ensure the connections between the base and atomizer are clean and free from any debris or residue.
- If there is excess concentrate affecting the threading or blocking the connection, carefully wipe it away using a soft cloth or cotton swab.
3. Inspect and Adjust Connection Base:
- Examine the connection base on the device for any visible issues or misalignment.
- If the base's connecting pin appears pushed down or not fully extended, use isopropyl alcohol to clean and free it.
- Gently apply isopropyl alcohol to the base's pin area, allowing it to loosen any debris or sticky residue.
- Use a small tool (e.g., toothpick or pin) to gently lift and ensure the connection pin is in the correct position.
4. Submitting a Warranty Claim:
- If the above steps do not resolve the issue and the CARTA 2 device continues to read the atomizer incorrectly, it is advisable to submit a warranty claim.
- Contact the CARTA customer support team and provide them with details of the troubleshooting steps you have taken.
- Follow their guidance on the warranty claim process, ensuring you provide all necessary information and documentation.
Resolving the issue of incorrect atomizer reading on the CARTA 2 can be accomplished by following the provided troubleshooting steps. By updating the firmware, checking connections, cleaning, and adjusting the connection base, users can often rectify the problem. In cases where the issue persists, submitting a warranty claim is recommended to seek further assistance from the CARTA customer support team.